From the History Guide:
Origins and nature of ASPS
- Conditions that produced ASPS
- Emergence of leaders: aims, ideology, support
- Totalitarianism: the aim and the extent to which it was achieved
Establishment of ASPS
- Methods: force, legal
- Form of government, (left/right wing) ideology
- Nature, extent and treatment of opposition
Domestic policies and impact
- Structure and organisation of government and administration
- Political, economic, social and religious policies
- Role of education, the arts, media, propaganda
- Status of women, treatment of religious groups and minorities
Contents page of possibly best school student directed website on Germany. Use some of the links. Listen to the podcasts.
- How did Hitler change Germany from democracy to dictatorship? http://www.johndclare.net/Nazi_Germany1.htm
- More detail on the Enabling Act
- Text of Enabling Act
- (Text of Weimar Constitution)
Another excellent site with generally pretty good detail.
Fairly short overviews of key events and issues. A good starting point, but you generally need more detail
Use this outline as a basis for a more developed and researched overview of Nazi control of Germany
Compress into a mind map, ready for revision.
- Gestapo & SS
- Hitler Youth
The Nazis: A Warning from History
Episode 1 “Helped into Power” – the rise of the NSDAP
Episode 2 “Chaos and Consent” – Consolidation of Nazi government and implementation of domestic policy.