Brendan Toohey is an experienced international educator, having taught in Australia, Singapore and Brunei in local, Catholic and independent schools. While his expertise lies chiefly in Modern and Australian History, he has also taught Geography, Commerce, English, Religious Education and Theory of Knowledge. Brendan has held leadership roles in curriculum and welfare.
He has taught and developed courses under many different curriculum regimes:
- New South Wales Higher School Certificate
- Tasmania Certificate of Education
- South Australia Certificate of Education
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme & Diploma Programme
- Cambridge IGCSE and GCE O & N Levels.
Brendan holds Bachelors degrees in Arts, Theology and Education, a Graduate Certificate in ICT in Education and Master of History and Master of Military History from combined study at the Australian Defence Force Academy (University of NSW) and the University of New England.